- Monitor, assess and report website performance
- Assist on executing CRO strategy
- Assist in performing CRO and apply changes on the site where necessary
Step 1 – Understand Client Aspirations
The first step I would recommend is to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for both you business and website – giving a quantifiable measure for success, e.g.
- visitors that successfully register
- visitors that sign in
- visitors that begin the booking/purchase process
- visitors that successfully complete the booking/purchase process (monitoring where drop-off happens during the process)
- visitors that click the download Apple/Android app
- newsletter sign-ups
- visitors that click the Call/Phone Number on your website
Step 2 – Goal Tracking
Implement Google’s goal tracking so that customer conversion rates can be accurately assessed against the agreed KPIs. This would require configuration in Google Analytics and Tag Manager. Additionally, custom reports will need to be created in Google Analytics, which will be accessible to everyone for review.
Step 3 – Report findings and CRO recommendations
Following completion of step 2, I would recommend allowing the website to pass goal tracking information directly to Google Analytics for approx 30 days. This will provide enough meaningful data to base recommendations on. During this time we can still work on SEO tasks as outlined below in the ‘Google Analytics’ heading.
Step 4 – Implement CRO recommendations
By following a stepped waterfall approach in close collaboration with the client, as outline above, clear measures of success are identified. These then form the solid foundations for a long term strategy. I our experience, effective time invested during this phase will result in updates to the website being efficient in both CRO and cost.